From high unemployment rates to slow housing sales, it is easy to get caught up in the firestorm of the economic recovery with the media taunting ominous headlines daily. How has the recession affected the engineering industry? As problem solvers, have engineers developed new strategies to cope with the economy? Although the recession has seemingly put a black mark in the nation’s overall mood, engineers are staying positive and moving forward toward a more promising tomorrow. As you explore this issue of the Capstone Engineer, enjoy reading about our leading engineering alumni who are working furiously to stay on the cutting edge of business practices through this recession.
- In The News: University of Alabama researchers trying to learn how police officers react to ‘shoot, don’t shoot’ situations
- UA Student Team Selected for Space Antenna Contest
- Don’t Shoot: UA Combines VR, Neuroscience in Police Training Research
- In The News: UA students create 3-D Shoe
- UA Students Highlight Research, Creativity during Annual Conference