From high unemployment rates to slow housing sales, it is easy to get caught up in the firestorm of the economic recovery with the media taunting ominous headlines daily. How has the recession affected the engineering industry? As problem solvers, have engineers developed new strategies to cope with the economy? Although the recession has seemingly put a black mark in the nation’s overall mood, engineers are staying positive and moving forward toward a more promising tomorrow. As you explore this issue of the Capstone Engineer, enjoy reading about our leading engineering alumni who are working furiously to stay on the cutting edge of business practices through this recession.
- New UA Center to Focus on Water Science and Engineering
- UA Recognizes Undergrad Randall Research Award Winners
- In The News: Alabaster mom on mission to stiffen Alabama's texting and driving law
- In The News: IndyCar Series champ James Hinchcliffe test drives Crimson Racing team's new race car
- In The News: COLLEGE NEWS