From high unemployment rates to slow housing sales, it is easy to get caught up in the firestorm of the economic recovery with the media taunting ominous headlines daily. How has the recession affected the engineering industry? As problem solvers, have engineers developed new strategies to cope with the economy? Although the recession has seemingly put a black mark in the nation’s overall mood, engineers are staying positive and moving forward toward a more promising tomorrow. As you explore this issue of the Capstone Engineer, enjoy reading about our leading engineering alumni who are working furiously to stay on the cutting edge of business practices through this recession.
- In The News: University Students Innovate At Nasa’s Robotic Mining Competition
- UA, Airbus Partner to Enhance Engineering Education, Research
- In The News: NFL adopting Alabama's medical evaluation tent for sideline
- In The News: Special radar to be built at University of Alabama
- Researchers to Build Unique Radar to Study Glaciers, Rising Sea Level