The University of Alabama recently selected 19 students as 2011-2012 Ambassadors of the College of Engineering, or ACEs. Read more
Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
UA's Department of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics undertakes an integral role in educating aerospace engineering and engineering science and mechanics students, conducting innovative and exciting scientific research, and improving the economic development of the state of Alabama.
Shelby Cochran’s life has been inundated with aerospace engineering since she was a little girl. Read more
When Nikki Wheelus was a child she would gaze at the stars and wonder what was up there. The beauty of space amazed her. Read more
In a step toward developing lighter, more fuel efficient aerospace vehicles, Dr. Samit Roy collaborates with NASA on ways to strengthen an amazingly-light solid. Read more
When Kyle Scott began his college search, he treated it like any engineer might – as a problem-solving challenge. Only this time he was not testing the sub systems of rocket motors, but was on a quest to find an engineering program that perfectly matched his expectations. Read more
As a little girl growing up in Florence, S.C., Martha Addison knew she wanted to be an aerospace engineer. When the time came to choose a college, Addison wanted a school that offered her everything she deserved. Read more
- In The News: Univ. of Alabama Engineering Students Enjoy Racing Internship
- In The News: Billerica resident honored for earning one of the highest Boy Scout medals
- UA Employee Overcomes Obstacles, Earns Bachelor’s Degree
- In The News: Hurricane Response Reset: As storms intensify, flood zones change and the pandemic rages, experts urge new thinking about preparedness.
- In The News: Ifeanyi Okpala: Nigerian man makes nation proud, wins big school award in US