The University of Alabama chapter of the Society of Women Engineers, or SWE, was awarded the gold level Outstanding Collegiate Society Award at the SWE National Conference in Houston, Texas, and it won the bid to host its regional conference in 2014 on campus. Read more
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
The Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering will provide a high quality education in metallurgical and materials engineering with emphasis on student-centered research and scholarly activities, service to community and industry, and professional practice in metallurgical and materials engineering, all conducted in an environment that celebrates discovery and diversity.
Dr. Henry Petroski, professor, author and a leading expert on engineering failures throughout history, will visit The University of Alabama campus Nov. 7, capping his visit with a public lecture in the Ferguson Center. Read more
The University of Alabama College of Engineering will host Engineering Day, or E-Day, an open house for high-school students and their families, Thursday, Oct. 11, from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. Read more
The University of Alabama recently selected 19 students as 2011-2012 Ambassadors of the College of Engineering, or ACEs. Read more
More than 180 scientists from 12 countries who research materials at the atomic scale will soon be on campus in what organizers said is a strong statement on the growing research reputation of The University of Alabama and its College of Engineering. Read more
- In The News: Univ. of Alabama Engineering Students Enjoy Racing Internship
- In The News: Billerica resident honored for earning one of the highest Boy Scout medals
- UA Employee Overcomes Obstacles, Earns Bachelor’s Degree
- In The News: Hurricane Response Reset: As storms intensify, flood zones change and the pandemic rages, experts urge new thinking about preparedness.
- In The News: Ifeanyi Okpala: Nigerian man makes nation proud, wins big school award in US