Pass under one bridge on the interstate, and you might as well have seen them all. Right? Not so fast. Researchers at The University of Alabama are using a one-of-a-kind lab in the quest for longer, more durable bridges. Read more
Center for Sustainable Infrastructure
The Center for Sustainable Infrastructure (CSI) serves as an innovative technical resource, knowledge center, and educational provider addressing critical issues related to sustainable infrastructure, whether it be at the local, regional, national, or global level. The CSI extends its focus to range from materials to full-scale structural systems, including the development of new, novel materials and structural systems as well as the short- and long-term performance of materials and structural systems to service and extreme loading conditions and hazards. The CSI's utilizes a cradle-to-grave approach to infrastructure, including pre-project planning, design, construction, maintenance, renovation/ rehabilitation, decommissioning/deconstruction, and reuse.
- In The News: University of Alabama researchers trying to learn how police officers react to ‘shoot, don’t shoot’ situations
- UA Student Team Selected for Space Antenna Contest
- Don’t Shoot: UA Combines VR, Neuroscience in Police Training Research
- In The News: UA students create 3-D Shoe
- UA Students Highlight Research, Creativity during Annual Conference