The three days just before Thanksgiving are some of the worst times of the year to be on the road, according to a recent study of traffic data by The University of Alabama Center for Advanced Public Safety. Read more
Center for Advanced Public Safety
The Center for Advanced Public Safety (CAPS) is an applied research center focused on the integration of technology into real-world problems that impact public safety and well-being. CAPS develops new technology for police officers, emergency medical units, and for government business units that support criminal justice, transportation, human services, vehicle tax registration, and collection and a host of related services. With the provision of cutting edge technology that impacts lives in so many different ways, we engage in engineering and applied social/behavioral science research made possible by technology-produced substrate data. To support this applied research, we also maintain a strong basic research stream in data analytics and the computing technology needed to support big data in society.
- New UA Degree Mixes Music, Engineering
- In The News: Thinking inside the box: Challenge for UA students could lead to job
- CARI Announces Inaugural Fellows and Campuswide Initiatives
- In The News: Grant money allocated for targeted traffic enforcement
- UA Researchers Continue Groundbreaking Work in Greenland