At The University of Alabama, numerous researchers embark on the challenge to bioengineer systems, specifically in breast cancer detection, cancer treatment options and robotic prosthetics. Read more
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Alabama will educate students at all degree levels to meet the current and future engineering needs of Alabama and the United States. We, as faculty and staff, will educate and guide these students to have desirable professional capabilities in applied and theoretical engineering knowledge, strong professional leadership skills, and a strong sense of responsibility to serve their profession and community. As part of the mission of a student-centered research institution, faculty will direct students in conducting useful engineering research that results in peer-reviewed publications.
Students interested in The University of Alabama now have a new and exciting way to “tour” campus – through an online “world,” known as Second Life. Read more
- Roy Selected by U.S. Air Force for Scientific Role
- In The News: UA professors comment on recent terror attacks
- In The News: Tuscaloosa students named National Merit Scholarship winners
- Pitching Code: Computer science student designs app for baseball, starts company
- Launching Inspiration: Student Starts Rocket Contest for Middle Schools