A device shown to reduce vehicle emissions heads down the commercialization road. Read more
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Alabama will educate students at all degree levels to meet the current and future engineering needs of Alabama and the United States. We, as faculty and staff, will educate and guide these students to have desirable professional capabilities in applied and theoretical engineering knowledge, strong professional leadership skills, and a strong sense of responsibility to serve their profession and community. As part of the mission of a student-centered research institution, faculty will direct students in conducting useful engineering research that results in peer-reviewed publications.
At The University of Alabama, numerous researchers embark on the challenge to bioengineer systems, specifically in breast cancer detection, cancer treatment options and robotic prosthetics. Read more
Students interested in The University of Alabama now have a new and exciting way to “tour” campus – through an online “world,” known as Second Life. Read more
- In The News: Computer science programs growing in AL
- In The News: Look! No Hands! Would you use a self-driving car?
- In The News: Alabama’s lagging infrastructure could hurt economic development efforts
- In The News: Lone Peak Graduate Hired to Start Sustainability Program in Big Sky
- In The News: Take a look inside UA's newest multi-million dollar building renovations