In a step toward developing lighter, more fuel efficient aerospace vehicles, Dr. Samit Roy collaborates with NASA on ways to strengthen an amazingly-light solid. Read more
Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
UA's Department of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics undertakes an integral role in educating aerospace engineering and engineering science and mechanics students, conducting innovative and exciting scientific research, and improving the economic development of the state of Alabama.
When Kyle Scott began his college search, he treated it like any engineer might – as a problem-solving challenge. Only this time he was not testing the sub systems of rocket motors, but was on a quest to find an engineering program that perfectly matched his expectations. Read more
As a little girl growing up in Florence, S.C., Martha Addison knew she wanted to be an aerospace engineer. When the time came to choose a college, Addison wanted a school that offered her everything she deserved. Read more
- In The News: Computer science programs growing in AL
- In The News: Look! No Hands! Would you use a self-driving car?
- In The News: Alabama’s lagging infrastructure could hurt economic development efforts
- In The News: Lone Peak Graduate Hired to Start Sustainability Program in Big Sky
- In The News: Take a look inside UA's newest multi-million dollar building renovations