Ferosh Jacob, a computer science doctoral student in The University of Alabama College of Engineering, was recently named one of three finalists at the OOPSLA/SPLASH student research competition held in Reno, Nev., earlier this semester. Read more
UA's Department of Computer Science offers degrees at all levels – bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate. Graduates of UA’s Computer Science program are prepared for admission to graduate study or for immediate employment in business, industry or government positions involving computer systems and techniques.
Think of how easy it has become to take out your mobile smartphone and capture important photos in just seconds. Now, through the work of a University of Alabama computer scientist and his colleagues, you can utilize that technology to help scientists and researchers build a database of critical images… Read more
- In The News: Traffic changes draw critics, though experts urge caution
- In The News: High school kids ‘sink or swim’ during engineering camp
- In The News: BUCKLE UP, SLOW DOWN: Statewide traffic enforcement movement begins next week
- In The News: Inaugural class of STEM Scholars honored at graduation
- In The News: OTHS grad uses 3-D printer to craft prosthetics for kids — free of charge